 |
| My class: Kahu 4 |
My love for this country only continues to grow as it did today, on my last day at Ranui Primary School! I am amazed at the kindness of these people as we were welcomed with open arms by the entire staff. I felt apart of the school the first day we were there by every single staff member. The day started with our lovely 30 minute walk to school. We got our usual honk and whistle and saw the same people we do everyday, feels just like our own town now. When we arrived at school, I went to my room to give my associate teacher a gift and as I got there, I was greeted by a couple girls who said "you cant go in, we are surprising you!" Then there was a lot of, "hey you weren't supposed tell her, the decorations were for her!" haha oh kids. . .so I left and as I was walking to a different class, and I was hug attacked by a bunch of random girls who said not to go and that they will miss me. This has occurred the entire time we were here, random kids knowing us without us knowing them, random kids making me notes and telling me I look beautiful. I have never felt so loved by so many kids! I then headed to my class where I was greeted by many who started giving me there little bands they all wear around their wrists. D.J. gave me one that said I love you on it and he had a huge smile, Bruwyn gave me one that said Best Friends, and Lavinia gave me a "i miss you" one. As the day went on, my class had a party so we watched movies, had a huge shared lunch, and just played around. Right before lunch though, the kids gathered around me and whoever wanted to, stood up to say something to me. The majority of them stood up to tell me thank you and that they will miss me. I was pleasantly surprised by Bruwyn, Kahu, James, and Faaiu, my "too cool for school" trouble makers, who stood up and said some really sweet things and even that they loved me! Ya, I started to tear up, how could you not! They were so sweet! Then those who had gifts for me handed those to me. D.J, my crush, gave me a really nice flax bag that I actually had been wanting, some earrings, necklace and bracelet all made of bamboo. He was so excited! I also got a bunch of candy, some really cute notes, perfume, a gold bracelet, and the best gift of all. . . a dress and some high heels!! Oh be prepared, I will post a picture soon :) After the gift presentation, it was lunch, so I went out to play with the kids one last time. As I was walking, I was kiss attacked by a huge group of girls! I had my camera out so immediately I was surrounded by a ton more kids wanting pictures. A couple kids wouldn't let go! Petesa insisted she was coming home with me, probably about 12 times! Bruwyn told me he would just get in my suitcase if thats okay! Oh I can't forget, infamous Kahu in his little blue boxer briefs running around today after swimming,I asked him where his clothes were and why he was in his underwear, he told me, "I just got done swimming Whaea Nicole!" oh of course, how could i be so silly, since its normal for kids to swim in boxer briefs, what a funny kid! At the end of the day, the school announced over the loud speaker we were leaving and how grateful they were for us!I then gave the kids their cards and treats and I received more hugs than I have my entire life probably! Ha, D.J. was so cute, he said bye, and left, but came back four times to say bye and give me more hugs, he then told me he wanted to stick glue on him to stick to me forever! I hate to have favorites but I will definitely miss that boy, one of the sweetest, funniest kids to joke around with! Sweet, troubled, James came up to me all shy at the end of the day asking for my email, along with Kahu. The two boys I took as my special projects, to help. Kahu because of his behavior, and James because of his academics and behavior. And this is why I am going to be a teacher, the reward at the end of the day isn't the money obviously, its the love the kids have for you, and seeing the kids, like James, come up to you and say "Whaea Nicole, can you teach me some more today, I really want to learn more!" The students excitement about their progress and success is priceless. Their smiles, hugs, and kind honest words are life changing. I have the greatest profession by far!
Not only have these kids been so sweet, but the teaching aspect of this experience has been amazing! I can not even begin to start with all the things that I have learned! I have been enlightened with a new culture, and a new way of doing things. My associate teacher, Toni, was absolutely amazing and made me feel good about my teaching abilities even when it got really tough. I will always remember this experience and the people that I have had the chance to meet and learn from. I do not know how I got so lucky and blessed but I am so grateful for every second of this experience, no matter how tough it was!
Oh I absolutely love this boy!
Our shared lunch, we ate heaps!
Some of the boys. . .love them!
The sweet group of girls. . .
Me and Toni. . . and some of the kids!
This is what happens when you try taking a picture of just a couple of students . . .
D.J. loved giving me his hat to wear, they said I was looking good!
Me, Kahu, and Sandouane after swimming, yes Kahu is in his boxers, and yes, he thought he was super funny getting me all wet right before this picture.
Silly Boys; the one in the hat is Kaipara, the boy who has pulled a knife on a teacher and more. . .sweet boy, just make sure he doesn't get angry:)
More of my kids!
The cute bag D.J. gave me!
My hot outfit Rose gave me, we are convinced she raided her mothers closet! Although, I think I found what I am wearing to the Opera House in Sydney!
The fantastic four at Ranui Primary School!
No comments:
Post a Comment