Monday, January 17, 2011

Proud Aunties!

Well another week has come and gone here in Kiwiland! It's hard to believe I am already on to my next set of classes, just math this week and so far so good, not much homework, I feel strange! But to back up a bit, yesterday was a wonderful Sunday as always. I went to YW's and made the mistake of volunteering to help with anything, yes, I got assigned to give the lesson next week and what could it be on. . . .. nothing other than preparing to me an eternal companion!!! Ya know I should have plenty to say coming from PROVO! Oh and later that night, the bishop (whom is also my "brother" that lives next door) came over and hand delivered our assignments to speak in church. That's two for two! Anyway, I am actually excited, just not excited to prepare. Later on we went to a YSA stake FHE which was a lot of fun and I met a lot of great people. They said it was sometimes hard to understand us because of our accents, its funny to think I have an accent! I will probably come home saying some of the words they use here because they are so much better, like ice blocks, rice bubbles, chippies, choice, dodgey, and so on! Oh and you can't forget about the kids, they never fail to come over when we are tired! I got another lesson from Lucas on how to say Tuesday, he says it like "chooseday" so I was wrong.Oh and I asked Tatiana where she got her energy from, she said form Harry Potter! Aren't they great! Big news, Lucas has been working all week on riding a two wheeler, we were eating dinner tonight and the window looks out to the driveway so we were watching him and he finally got it! Me and Neeley, without thinking, yelled and jumped up! haha I guess it's just an instinct to be so proud, and proud "aunties" we were!
Tomorrow is our fireside with Elder Anderson, I am very excited about, there is also another one with Elder Bednar, who knew they would follow us out to this wonderful country! There is then two YSA activities this weekend so that will be exciting I'm sure! Anyway, life couldn't be better, it is great to be alive, especially when it's 80 degrees :) Hopefully I make it through the cyclone thats coming tomorrow!

P.S. Ice cream here. . .no words to describe the amazingness, and creaminess of every flavour, it is so not overrated, neither are the cookies! And yes, here they spell things like flavour with a "u" so I am not incorrect!

No comments:

Post a Comment