It was a stupendous Sunday today with much going on. Church was fantastic, not as different as I would think which is whats so great about the gospel. The ward has about 120 members, and we arrived at 9AM to sacrament, i would say there was a total of about 12 there! By the end,there were a lot but it was funny to see how few were there for the beginning. The counselor conducting did mention at the end of sacrament how blessed we were to have the building in to meet so to be on time next week haha! Time doesnt seem to be an issue, they went 20 minutes over, and in class, announcements dragged on, the lady giving them liked to tell little random stories and say a lot of comments, i think announcements lasted 30 min. Anyway i felt right at home even though we were literally the ONLY white people there. The bishop (whom is the son of the people we are staying with) took us girls (from BYU) into his office to officially welcome us into the ward and he put us right to work! Some of us already have talks for next week, and I get to be in YW's which is interesting because he had mentioned the first day that I met him at the airport that he would like to utilize us in the ward and the first thing that came to my mind was YW's even though love primary and thats where I am most comfortable; so when he said YW's, I wasn't really surprised, I kind of thought thats where I would be and I am excited but nervous at the same time.
We then got the opportunity to attend a family baptism which was fun as well. These people are just so welcoming; some random lady grabbed us and took us right to the food and made sure we ate, a lot! The primary children sung a couple songs; children are the same no matter where in the world you are, they all have the sweetest spirits! It was an especially neat baptism because just two days before, she had been sealed to her parents whom were sealed in the temple on Friday! We then had my favorite part of the day, family prayer. The kids and grandkids were over and little Lucas chose the song, out of all the songs he could choose, he chose How Firm a Foundation. The grandchildren go around and say a scripture or article of faith they have memorized and they are so proud and confident! This family is so strong in the gospel and they are a great example of how a family should be! Sitting around talking to Big Lucas (or bishop) and Maria while there kids ran around and tried to show off for us and play little games with us, really made me feel like I was in their family and I could't be happier!
P.S. in case you are reading this mommy, I do miss you and you're still my favorite mum :)
Holy cow they put you to work fast! You will do fab in YW! Cute!
ReplyDelete