So far this week has been fabulous, there have again been many things I have learned and found interesting as I have been here in wonderful New Zealand. Here is a brief overview of the week in lessons.
- Elder Anderson's talk on trusting in the Lord through adversity was amazing, who knew he could be so funny and outgoing too!
- New Zealand donuts are LARGE and probably 90% cream. . .very fattening, but pretty tasty!
- Walking to school in 98% humidity right after a rain. . .well lets just say it looked like we all swam to school!
- Therefore, my hair does not like humidity, but living without a straightener is actually really nice, cuts back getting ready time!
- My life long dream of actually eating crumpet came true!! I had my first crumpet with nutella on it, sadly, I wasn't too impressed.
- Passion Fruit Cheesecake and Boysenberry Cheescake is to die for! Along with HELLZ Pizza!! Oh my. . . so not overrated!
- Math class was easy, surprisingly, but VERY informational and fun at the same time, made fun math art!
- Breaking News! Baby Allison likes us, she blows us kisses, says Bye, and even sits by us! She is adorable, loves to dance and show off!
- Found out they do have the "pull my finger" game here, little Lucas is absolutely obsessed and thinks its hilarious!
- The mall definitely closes at 6 everyday, except Thurs. and Fri. its open till late they say, which is 9! Good to know before wait for a bus, miss it, wait for another one and get there at 5:30.
- WE SURVIVED THE CYCLONE!
- The bees and flies here take steroids.
- No worries is their favorite saying/motto, and oh they do live by it
- Their ice cream and chocolates are to die for, I have probably gained 100 pounds. ..
- but doing a Jillian Michaels Video after class and walking to and from school in the heat should shed about half of those pounds! Its all about balance!
- And last but definitely least, they do not have purple skittles here, just plain red ones that they call skittles fruits, although they are mini and cute. And to somewhat make up for that, they have LONG LOST, very much loved, crispy M&M's!!!!!
Anyway, it has once again been a fabulous week, here are some pictures!!
That is only half of the donut, its FILLED with cream and some have chocolate on the top!
This is what I have everyday, except bigger, I had already eaten some :)
Wierdest candies ever, but our mum made us try them!
My beautiful Maori tapa I made in math, yes this is what we did for 3 hours one day!
Yes, last day of math, we made clothes out of newspaper!
The back!
The models, I did have a purse!
No comments:
Post a Comment