Well guys, there has been a case of computer problems roaming around the girls, I was happy to not get it until BAM, my charger stops working. Good news is that my computer is fine but waiting for a charger is a bit stressful. It will all work out in the end, and as my Kiwi friends would say, NO WORRIES! What does this mean for my blog, I know you all are anxious, well no blog posts for awhile, at least not with any pictures. Also, they won't be very long or good. Not to mention, starting on Monday (Sunday your day) I will be gone for a week and a half and won't have much access anyway. Therefore, my poor blog will be pretty empty for some time. But I am still loving it here and can not wait for these last two days of school to be over! It is weird to think these are my last two BYU classes I will ever have to take. I am also excited to start teaching here, although, literally every single person we told which primary school we will be teaching in, their reactions are all the same. Shock, laughter, and lots of "good lucks." I hear its like the Bronx of NZ. This should scare me a bit, but actually, it makes me that more excited to get that experience and diversity. I can not wait to love those little balls of energy! It will give me great experience to pursue future dreams of working my teacher magic in third world countries, or inner city schools! My social studies class today simply reminded me of the children all over the world needing an education, and a place to start that education. Children are growing up in illiterate homes, and being forced to participate in child labor and have no schools to educate them. It was heartbreaking to hear the stories and see the pictures, but all that more reason to find a way to help! If any of you have time, check out the story on Iqbal, he was a 10 year old boy sold into labor by his family so they could earn money. He escaped and had a dream of building schools. He was killed at age 12 but his impact has made a difference world wide with 8 schools being built in his name. Kids are inspiring!
Video about Iqbal : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0D6K18wq8A
No comments:
Post a Comment