Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Math is officially over and science and social studies have begun! I am sad to report, we will actually have homework, LOTS of homework. I guess that is what I get for gloating about having no homework the first two weeks, although I'm still okay seeing as this is the last week of school EVER!! So update on this weekend, Friday there was a multi stake YSA activity. This was interesting. . .most of us American girls were dancing in the middle and everyone else was lined up against the wall. . .we felt like animals in a zoo! We met some pretty nice people though, and they were very welcoming. We also found out that they can ALL sing! Some of the guys that looked a little rough around the edges got up and sang some of the most beautiful church songs ever! They can all play multiple instruments and dance as well! I feel inadequate. haha Overall it was a pretty fun night.
Saturday was an adventure as always. We decided to go celebrate the new year with our fellow Asian's. They have a huge convention downtown that we had to take 3 different buses to get to, and yes, there were only 4 of us this time and we were able to make it just fine! There were tons of little food booths, art, toys, jewelry, Chinese show, all the above. They also had some of the most amazing juices ever!!After the festival, we walked across the street and saw real live New Zealand sheep, we have been waiting a long time for that!

Sunday was fabulous, I gave a talk and taught Young Womens. I think they went well, I was actually excited about doing it and had a good time preparing and learning. The girls in young womens were really good, they were engaged and participating and I think we had fun! I am excited to get to know them better. We then went to a YSA family home evening activity which ended up being heaps of fun! We met a bunch of new people that are super fun! It makes me want to stay here, they have the funnest personalities,best accents, and are very talented, this culture is the greatest!! I just may never come home, well at least until after the rugby world cup, which would be a dream come true to see! Well anyway, i survived the massive amounts of constant rain and wind so that is good, can't wait to see what the weather will be like tomorrow!

Mmmm random food! 


Chinese pose. . maybe?


Passion fruit juive, amazing!!

Yes mom, they Baa with an accent!

YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment