
It is fascinating to me as I talk to the other girls in the group we have come to realize the simplicity of the New Zelanders lives, especially the Samoans whom I am staying with. No one seems to really have decorations whereas in the US we are obsessed with making and keeping our houses so pretty with decorations and so clean. It is just a different way of living but I have noticed that through the simplicity of it all, it makes them happier and closer as a family! Speaking of family, The Talamavaios or amazing, they have adopted us as one of their own and our referring to us as their daughters! I feel right at home! I got to attend a Samoan funeral family service yesterday and tomorrow I get to attend a baptism of a family member! Getting to attend these family gatherings are some of the most interesting and exciting because of all the great lessons I learn from their culture. Time isn't much of an issue, its all about relaxing and enjoying the moments they have right then. I noticed mum drags out doing dishes because she would rather play with her grandkids or sit outside with her husband, i think this is fabulous!
Anyway, today was our first day at the beach which was wonderful. The sun is very intense down here so sitting for ten minutes just waiting to leave, we already had lines and some burns even! Lather lather lather, my mother would be proud, i put more on than usual although of course, I was still my stubborn self and didnt put as much as I should so yes, i burnt but I will be better! The beach was gorgeous and it was nice to relax before a crazy week of school begins! Six of the girls came over tonight and had game night, my mum is so sweet offering to have them over and always trying to feed us! What a fabulous weekend :)
 |
| Ya I learned Rugby from a real New Zealander! |
No comments:
Post a Comment