


So after 10 hours in an airport and 15 hours total on an airplane we have arrived in kiwiland! (yes we did do yoga in the airport) My cute mum and dad were there to greet us and show us around a bit. Its super humid and hot and arriving at the house I realized AC is not present! It really isn't that bad though, I just picture myself at Lake Powell or something and its fantastic! We have a cute little room and our own bathroom we share which is nice, although, my first shower was an experience, cold water, tiny shower like on cruises but felt great after the long couple days we had getting here! I got to meet there children and grandchildren and come to find out hugs and kisses are a normal greeting here which i have to get used to. The grandkids are always over, ALWAYS like they basically live here but I love them already. They have the cutest accents and have already laughed at how we say some things. I have to go to bed, school at 8 in the morning, we have been fighting to stay awake all day, even got some of the other girls to help us as we walked around! The walk to our school for BYU classes is at a chapel and its 30 minute walk so i must sleep, and lots! So goodnight for now!
I am so glad you posted. sounds like lots of fun and I must admit i'm jealous of the warmth you are having there :) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteyipee! ha ha cold showers...no AC...man up! You must learn for a future Ghana trip with me! Love you glad you made it safely! Sounds wonderful already I'm glad there are lots of kids for you to love, and great parents to take care of you. That is the best part about a different culture falling in love with the people!!! smooches.
ReplyDelete